Crispy Aromatic Duck served with Ming Foods Pancake Wraps
This family favourite is a classic dish that provides a wonderfully layered eating experience. Combining the aromatic taste of crispy duck, with the refreshing crunch of fresh cucumbers and spring onions and a splash of tangy and sweet Peking duck sauce all wrapped in a steaming soft pancake wrapper. This recipe cuts out the deep frying for a healthier yet tasty alternative to this wonderful dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus 1-2hours for defrosting)
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
Serves 4 people
1 x Ming Food Retail Pancakes Wrappers (defrosted)
½ defrosted crispy aromatic duck
4 spring onion bulbs
Peking duck sauce
- Cook the duck in accordance with the guidelines on the duck you have bought.
- Wash and finely slice the cucumber and spring onions
- Take out a packet of the pancake wraps. There are two ways to cook the wraps, microwave for 20 seconds or if you have a steamer remove from the packet, put in a bamboo steamer and steam for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour a generous amount of Peking duck sauce in a serving bowl.
- Once the duck is cooked thoroughly, to get a nice crisp on the skin, place under the grill, skin side up until crispy. Shred the duck and place on a serving plate.
- Remove the pancakes and serve while steaming hot for all everyone to enjoy!
- Most oriental supermarkets now stock pre-cooked crispy aromatic duck and it can be found in the freezer. Helping you to save time in recreating this tasty dish!
- Hoi sin is a well-known sauce to accompany this dish, however if you have slightly sweeter taste buds we would recommend the Peking duck sauce.