Sumptuous Mini Curry Samosas
Our tasty mini curry samosa recipe can be used to create little parcels of delight for any occasion, whether for your family at home or for special occasions. This recipe is a wonderfully simple recipe combining exotic flavours with staple vegetables that can be found in your cupboard at home.
Recipe makes approx. 60 mini samosas
Defrost time: 50 minutes – 1 hour
Preparation time: 15 - 20 minutes
Rolling time: 15 - 20 minutes
Cooking time: Ingredients cooking 10 minutes & Spring Roll cooking 4-5 minutes each batch
1 x pack of Ming Foods 10” Spring Roll Wrapper Pastry (defrosted and cut into 3 rectangle strips)
1 small carrot washed, peeled, diced into small squares and par-boiled
500g potatoes washed, peeled, diced into small squares and par-boiled
1 diced onion
50g peas, defrosted
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp. of cooking oil
1 generous tbsp. of curry paste
2 tbsp. of plain flour mixed with water to seal pastry
3L frying oil – preferably in a deep fryer, although a pan on the stove will also suffice 170C
- Remove one packet of Ming Foods Spring Roll Pastry Wrappers 10” from the freezer and allow to defrost at room temperature for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until soft and easy to peel.
- While the pastry is defrosting start to prepare your filling by heating your oil in a pan, add your onions and cook until they start to soften.
- Reduce your pan to a low heat and add your defrosted peas and par-boiled potatoes and carrots, add 1 generous tbsp. of curry paste and stir in until all ingredients combined.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Prepare a damp tea towel, get your pastry and here you can either peel each pastry and then cut the square into three long strips or you can split the pasty in half, cut the three long strips and then peel as you wrap. This depends on whatever you feel comfortable with!
- Take one strip of pastry and fold as per the instructions on the back of the Ming Foods Spring Roll Pastry wrapper packs.
- Once you have reached the end dip your finger in the plain flour mix and put onto the edges and roll the samosa over it to seal.
- Continue as above until all your samosas are wrapped.
- Carefully put 3-4 samosas into the pre-heated fryer and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes or until the contents are cooked and the skin is golden.
- Remove samosas from the oil and place onto a plate covered with kitchen roll.
- Repeat this until all your samosas are cooked.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy!